Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dilated

It's been almost two months since my monumental birthday, but life doesn't seem all that monumental. I spent several hours with dilated pupils today. I had my eyes checked, while my friend David waited around for me and then drove me to Stardust, the local coffee shop, video store, restaurant and now bar. Stardust still has a huge selection of hard to find films and some rare beers too. As I waited for my pupils to recover I drank a Belgian ale. I think it was Belgian. It tasted like that part of the world. I don't remember the name. My vision was still a little foggy and I didn't recognize some people that recognized me. I'm also a little more reclusive than I used to be. I'm not sure what kind of alibi that is.

I'm supposed to get new reading glasses and the doctor asked me if I want some distance glasses. I asked. Do I need them? He said maybe for long night drives and at the theater. Did he say theater? Yes. Does he say that to everyone? It seemed odd. He said your insurance pays for two pairs. I said, yeh I'll take the theater glasses too. He said, you might not need them very often, your right eye is still 20/20, your left is 20/25.

My eyes are clear now. Its been about seven hours since the dilation. I'm craving another Belgian beer or something that tastes Belgian.

No comments: