Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oswald The Rabbit

One of my first memories is of my mother watching tv while ironing my father's shirts, listening to the updates regarding the JFK assassination. I was five years old. I remember thinking everyone wants to be president someday. I asked my mother why anyone would shoot the president, she said something like, I don't know, it doesn't make any sense.

Thanksgiving falls on the anniversary of the JFK assassination this year. I read something of note recently, especially if you live in Orlando. Walt Disney flew over Orlando looking for land several times, the first was the day Kennedy was assassinated. I'm not suggesting anything more than a coincidence. Something else that is funny though, Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy. Disney had a hit cartoon Oswald The Rabbit.

No comments: