Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Are You Wearing A Wig?

I left off in my previous post with the kid from the blue mini-van having a celebratory hug on returning to kindergarten from his fifth suspension in five weeks.

The kid that he was hugging could be called his protege. He has taken to growling and throwing things at adults too. The first week I was at the school, the protege just sat and stared at me for awhile. Then he said. "Are you wearing a wig?" I said. "No." "Are you sure you're not wearing a wig?" "Yes, I'm sure." "I think you're wearing a wig." "I'm not." "Can I touch your hair." "No." "I think you're wearing a wig. Do you drink beer?" "No teacher's don't drink beer." "Yeh right."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was clearly stoned.

BetteJo said...

My question would be - why did he think you were wearing a wig? Does it look like you wear a wig?

Matt said...

I've always wanted to ask you that!

Miss Cellania said...

teachers don't drink beer. Teachers drink whiskey. And they deserve the best.