Friday, October 19, 2007

Rat Bastard

 Rat Bastard is the godfather of the Miami noise scene. Yesterday Greg Leibowitz and I were headed to the discount car rental place by the airport. We were on our way to see Rat.

I was feeling a litle light headed. I had been loading some things into my hatchback, and banged the top of my head on the bottom of the hatchback. A few seconds later, I felt something on my forehead. I rubbed it thinking it was sweat. It was blood. I walked into my bathroom and saw blood running down my forehead. I took a clean towel and held it on the wound. I was already running late to pick up Greg, but I was wondering if I might die.

I stopped bleeding for the most part a few minutes later. My bathroom looked like a crime scene, so I had to clean it up.

I have some hypochodria tendencies. The thing about being a hypochondriac is that it's hard to tell whether your worries are rational. Anyway that was yesterday. The cut looks a lot better. It's a little difficult to see it through my mop of hair, that has been mistaken for a wig (see, Are You Wearing A Wig?).

We're listening to old Miami noise, and getting a lesson fron Rat on the history of it, and  getting lots of sidebar info. This is good because Greg, Nelson Hallonquist and I are making a documentary of the Miami noise scene. Rat has all kinds of stories like the guy holding a gun to his head threatening to kill him, if he doesn't stop playing. He kept playing. The guy came back  a week later and said"sorry about last week I was really drunk."

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

Yeah, we've all done things like that when we've had a few too many, right?

Yikes!

rusty said...

Maybe, you should've picked up that casket or, at least, start wearing a wig.

Be careful with that head AND your writing digits because, you're good!

Unknown said...

please don't die.